TradeSkillsMatch.com is a product developed to support the construction industry and the challenges we face with talent acquisition.
Skills Based Searching: TradeSkillsMatch.com provides construction employers the ability to perform a skills-based search of our database of qualified candidates OR create a skills-based job posting and have our system send it to all qualified candidates.
Search for Candidate
(1) Search by skills desired
(2) Review candidate profile
(3) Then invite a few of them to apply for your position.
(4) The Candidate will review your job posting and decide on applying or not. If the Candidate wants to apply for your open position all they have to do is click Yes Apply and TradeSkillsMatch.com will package their CV into a resume and email it directly to you. The rest of the process is accomplished off-line of our system. (If the employer uses a talent acquisition software an email can be generated to direct the Candidate to the appropriate location)
Create a Job Posting
(1) Enter relevant Job Posting information including defining the skills desired
(2) TradeSkillsMatch.com will send the job posting to all Candidates that match one or more of the skills you desire
(3) The Candidate will review your job posting position and decide on applying or not. If the Candidate wants to apply for your open position all they have to do is click Yes Apply and TradeSkillsMatch.com will package their CV into a resume and email it directly to you. The rest of the process is accomplished off-line of our system. (If the employer uses a talent acquisition software an email can be generated to direct the Candidate to the appropriate location)
It's the Skills that Matter
For privacy reasons you will not be able to view the name or contact information of the Candidate until they review the job information and click Apply for position. You may find this a new way of searching – but since it’s simply the Skills that Matter when hiring, the name or address should be irrelevant at this stage of the process.
TradeSkillsMatch.com not only displays Candidates ranked by the skills that matched at least one of the skills listed in your search – we also actively seek and display endorsements from partner training entities and former employers. It’s a good thing for a potential new employee to say they have a specific skill that matches what you are looking for – but it’s even better if that skill is endorsed by someone that you trust. Many of our Candidates will be new to the construction industry and have little or no experience – but with an endorsement from one of our partners or an employer you can feel more confident about interviewing and hiring that Candidate.
As government officials increase Target Hire requirements, Industry needs a way to be able to find qualifying candidates. TradeSkillsMatch.com allows an employer to search for candidates based on either their location or a special hire preference that has been defined by the project owner.
Future Start Date
TradeSkillsMatch.com provides an employer the ability to search or post a job for a date in the future. All candidates are asked to include an Availability Date, and this date could be immediately or up to 1 year in the future. Many positions in construction are based on a specific project, and when a particular trade task is completed the next trade takes over. This often results in part of the crew looking for the next project to work on. This can sometimes be with the same employer on a different project – but there are also times that the employee is looking for the next project to work on. The Availability Date search function allows an employer to review candidates and invite them to apply to a position that will start at some point in the future – say 4 months away.
TradeSkillsMatch.com was designed and developed by Building Workforce Solutions, L3C – a social enterprise committed to providing talent development solutions to the construction industry. Over the years we have running different training programs and wondering why someone has not created a recruitment tool specific to the needs of the changing construction industry. After some research we realized that while some tools do exist, they are for many industries not just one – mainly so there is enough of a reach or market depth to make the products profitable. Our business model is a bit more flexible. Sure, we need to generate revenue, but since we are mission driven not profit driven we are able to take challenges that larger companies will not touch. So, instead of continuing to complain we decide to launch a solution and TradeSkillsMatch.com was born.